Monday, April 20, 2009

Seattle, Chicago, Vancouver, New Orleans, Malmo


Cities were selected based on their environmental and community innitiatives, their ability to keep their city safe while setting it up for long term growth and success.

I am very excited for Seattle, this year's winner. I find it to be a small city in a big town.

Nestled in the rainforests of the West Coast Seattle is home to creative innovative industries (Starbucks, Amazon, Boeing, Microsoft). I have been very lucky to get to know this city very well over the past 7 years.

I am so proud to say that I have visited 4 on the list and hopefully 5 by year's end....as per the title of this column.

And I would be remissed not to give a big congratulations to my hometown Vancouver and my soulmate city Chicago.


No comments: