Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Being in the Red is the new Green

Dear Ms. May,

Your performance at the Canadian leadership debates was impressive. You were articulate, well researched, tenacious and not obnoxious. I have a soft spot for the Green in the Green Party, I wasn't too sure about you. I am also not too sure why you will continue to try to win your riding when Peter McKay (likely Harper's successor) beat you to a pulp.

That being said, I am sorry that your party did not win a single seat in yesterday's Canadian election. I know you tried hard. Just curious though, how does a party get themselves $2MM in debt? Is that a normal process? Is this our tax payers money or funds you raised? Either way how are you going to account for the crappy ROI measures. Perhaps you faired better than your counter parts with respect to spend, but they have at least one bum in one seat. I have been trying to find other stats on campaign spend, but its pretty burried. hmm. suspicious all around.



On a side note, or perhaps completely related: don't you love this Chanel Bike?? Totally unaffordable at $12,000...but certainly Green.

No comments: